Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Worth the Wait

In my 26 years of existence, one of the most valuable lessons I learned is that much of life is spent waiting. The world may operate faster than centuries ago but God allows His children to have waiting periods because it is the DNA of our faith.

This morning after spending time walking with my parents and future godparent, I came across our garden and saw this notable plant. What makes it special for me is because I've witnessed how it grew in spite of delayed moments, limited space and rocky home. :) It went through a lot of trimmings and watering but it didn't bloom at the right time. I even remembered my dad joking that this plant is bearing hairy caterpillars and not flowers (lols). It used to filter smoke because we had canteen before and it surpassed the inconsistent weather last 2012-2013. I thought the end purpose of it is to give shade in our garden until I saw these changes...


It served its real purpose which is to bear flower. It lived by its design. I'm excited to see the tiny sprouts of branches that would eventually make more flowers in the coming of days. They might be even used for my wedding as ornaments and witnesses. :)

Living in this fast paced generation, we tend to take short cuts and skip the process of digging the foundation of our faith. When we don't see immediate results, we lose heart and stop believing. We resort to things that we thought will work until our soul lost its fragrance and home.

You might have felt hopeless and forgotten with the situation you are facing now but be secured that there is someone who is working behind the scenes. He can send rain to your dying spirit, give sunshine to your tired bones, and provide the lush green to your empty heart. He does not only labor for you but lovingly operates in your whole system. He will turn your 'waiting hours' into a bullet, able to hit the mark of your success. ;)

As we all wait for Him, let these moments be an active state. Know Him more. Embrace our uniqueness. Learn new skills. Serve others. Be ready for promotion! ;)

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com